Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Last day in LA

Ok quick blog in my last hours of LA. Tonight i fly to London for the Reading/Leeds Festival, The Scare and Matt/Carly have already left. I am booked on the Red Eye. 10 hour flight, not really looking forward to it but hopefully my fucking entertainment system works this time. Laura is going to meet me at the airport, she got in today, i hope she has a sign. Laura if you are reading this make a sign for me JAI AL-ATTAS. Thanks.

Alright so the past few days have been hilarious. Monday after our cars got towed, we head to Spaceland which is in Silverlake where The Scare are playing tonight. The Buzzcocks played this venue last Friday. The Scare are the first band on and the room id dead empty, we decide to wait 10 minutes and then people start rolling in. A few label A&R people are around which is a good sign. After the show Mick, Sam, Liam and I get in my PT Cruiser and head down to Newport Beach which is a good hour out of LA. We hear about a party down there and seeing as though i am going through my OC/Laguna/Newport obesession right now, i can't pass up the opportunity.

The one thing i will say about Newport is that it has probably the most beautiful rich people i have ever seen. It was crazy how hot everyone was. So we goto a club called Discoteca that Dexter puts on, once again Uffie is playing. She is seriously everywhere i go. The club closes at 2am and we hear word of an after party. Sam decides it's a good idea to follow these 2 girls that really don't want us to follow them, i came to this conclusion because i heard them say "No we don't want you to follow us, follow Dexter". Sam tells me that they want us to follow them still. Fuck it. I'll follow them. One of the girls has a ridiculously expensive Merc, i thought it was her families but it was hers(just paid for by the family). This is how kids in Newport roll.

What happens next is an insane car chase around the OC. The girl in front of us wasn't using indicators when turning and really trying to throw us off her tail. It was pretty funny, anyway she got away a few times but i caught up and eventually we stop at her house. I would like to say i am a great driver but to be honest, i fluked it, she was going SO fast. We get to the carpark of her place which is a fuck off apartment block. Amazing. She doesn't let us come upstairs and the 2 girls say they'll be down in 5 minutes and then we will head to the party. 40 minutes later they back down and Sam decides to ride with the girls so he can tell them to slow down and i can follow.

Another goose chase and we get to the after party. Which is basically just a bunch of people from the club chilling on couches and drinking wine in another fuck off Newport apartment complex. What excited me though was the girl whose house we were at had CDJ1000s in her living room, sweet, she let me play with them for awhile until i kept playing them too loud and her flat mate got pissed at me. Sorry bro. My bad.

At about 5am the party ends and it is decided that we will just drive back to LA. Liam and Sam take some anxiety pills and pass the fuck out in the back. After a 2 hour drive, many arguments and literally having to drag Liam and Sam from the back of my car, i get home around 7am and pass out. Newport was an experience, possibly one of the funniest nights of my life. Retarded.

Tuesday i have a few meetings. As i am driving back from one i see Travis Barker walking down the street. Yo Travis what's up dude. I then head to Casey, Shannon and Emmas new house in Beechwood Canyon. Amazing place. Right under the Hollywood sign. These 3 girls are Australian and Emma is acting out here, most notably she was in Entourage recently. Good one Emma. Then off to have dinner with our friend Louie Bandak, who has signed many a good band at Capitol Records. After dinner we head to Cinespace where The Scare are playing again. Tonight has a much better vibe than the Spaceland show. There is a huge line outside the club and we're all pretty excited. The Scare go on and play amazingly well. I think this was the first time i have seen Kiss smile since being in LA. Darren McMullen from The Lair on MTV has just flown in to LA and comes to the show. After the show many an after party is spoken about, i meet some random people from Wales who become my new friends for the night, we head to Steve Aokis after party which is at his new office. Danny Masterson from That 70's Show is there and they're all about to play poker. They invite me to play but at $100 minimum and me not having ever played with real people before, i decide to give it a miss. I bounce from Dim Mak around 4 and head home. Sleep. Adrian is in Chicago tonight with Lifehouse and Rooney, so i take his bed. Score.

Wednesday(Today). So we have a meeting with this guy called Chris who worked at Myspace records up until last week, now he works at Atlantic. Very cool guy. We have breakfast at The Grove and speak about bands and music and you know all that usual stuff. The whole time i just want to ask him about THE HILLS, because he was on it!!! You see the other day i was watching this episode and Audrina and Lauren go on a double date with this guy Chris and his flat mate. I didn't realize it at the time but it was the same Chris i was meeting with. So after my meal i say "Ok Chris, The Hills how did that happen?". He starts laughing. Then tells us how he hooked up with Audrina and how the producers of the show would make him say stuff. It was interesting to get an insight into my new favourite show. When we said our goodbyes i asked him if he could sign a copy of The Hills DVD for me. He replied with "Fuck Off".

Next, off to the William Morris Agency to see my bro Brian. As i am waiting in the lobby, Steve Aoki walks out with Uffie. See Uffie is EVERYWHERE!!! She will possibly be on my flight tonight. I say goodbye to Steve and ask him who won the poker game last night. He did. Good one Aoki.

And that my friends is everything, this took a long time to write and i probably missed a whole bunch of shit. But i actually have to leave now and drive to the airport. Traffic is going to suck balls. I love you.

xox

Jai

No comments: