Friday, August 17, 2007

Hell looks alot like LA

First post of the trip. Unfortunately i don't have any pictures, so this may not be as INTERESTING to those of you who need visual stimulation to be mildly entertained. But let's be honest here, this blog is really just a self indulgent "journal" that i can read back at later dates and say to myself "Man I'm one cool Playa".

OK so the trip started in my second home, The Qantas Club at Sydney Airport. At the domestic versions of the clubs they don't serve alcohol until 1pm, which is whack. But at the International version it's self serve mother fuckers, so although it was about 10am and i was by myself i decided champaign would be my drink of choice. A few glasses later and i was on the plane already feeling kind of drunk but after taking my medication, i was feeling very relaxed. The people on the flight were a young married couple from Arizona and although nice, they wanted to talk and i wasn't really in the mood for chatting. But after it turned out that our 3 seats were super fucked up and our entertainment systems didn't work, we had no choice but to drink many bottles of white wine and chat. You know what? FUCK QANTAS. I fly with them so much and i had to fly 13 hours without any movies, TV shows, anything. It was hell. They wouldn't move me and they wouldn't fix it, i am going to write a letter complaining actually. There were really good films on the flight too, for those of you who know me well you'll be pissed to know that Music and Lyrics was one of the films and i couldn't watch it!!!!

Actually, i won't be so MELODRAMATIC. One movie did work, it was the "hilarious" star studded Wild Hogs. You know i don't think i laughed once, but i knew if i watched it it would cut 90 minutes from my trip. Inane. So 13 hours, 1 terrible film and no sleep later i arrive in LA. I get into the Customs line and see my new best friend Ian "Dicko" Dickson from Australian Idol(for those of you who don't know, we had a run in at Splendour In The Grass where he told kids on the bus that Kisschasy sucked live. I butted in and we became friends). I didn't get a chance to speak to him this time unfortunately. But if you are reading this Dicko, "Hello Mate, How was your flight?".

My car this time is a Cruiser which is pretty sweet. It looks like it was taken straight out of Gotham City(Batman reference). It's actually pretty gay but i got it for the novelty factor. Then i am on the road, first stop is Stefanie from Drive Thru's house where i am going to have lunch with her and Richard. We eat at this pretty sweet Italian place(Thanks for lunch guys) and then i am off to Interscope in Santa Monica via Malibu, which is such a nice drive. First of all i go and see my international best friend, Adrian Amodeo who i am staying with and who works next door to Interscope at Geffen. I am pretty tired by this stage and have been awake for over 24 hours now. After my Interscope meeting i fall alseep on Adrians couch in his office for a few hours, while he "works". Turns out Adrian now lives in the best part of West Hollywood, right near THE GROVE. I love The Grove. I am stoked. It's a 1 minute walk from his house, so we go to a Greek Restaurant for dinner there with his friends Amanda and Jenny. Thanks to expense accounts there is another free meal for me. Thanks Geffen and EMI publishing.

Now is the best part of my trip so far. We get back to Adrians sweet pad and on his 200 inch plasma television, we get the best television EVER. First of all is the new season of The Hills which is AMAZING. Followed by Real World Sydney which is AMAZING. Then to top it all off, a new series of Laguna Beach titled Newport Harbour which is super friggin AMAZING. Holy shit. The best 3 hours of television i have ever seen, and i was really tired and wanted to pass out really bad as by now i had been up for 30 something hours but this was too good to miss. Australians reading this. Real World Sydney is incredible, i don't know if and when it will air back home but you must see it.

SLEEP....

No comments: